- Cheap, Fast & Easy. It’s a cheeky motto but it describes who and what Designs by Emma is. I design quick inexpensive designs that are easy for my clients to maintain on their own once installed.
- My clients are primarily romance authors, who range from the pre-published to the New York Times Bestselling. And it’s my honor to work with each and every single one of them.
- With desigining, I have found a way the perfect way to combine two of my favorite things. Writing and Graphic Design. Creating banners, websites, blog headers and the like for authors of romance is what I love to do when I’m not writing.
- Now a days my clients also include small business owners, the self employed and even bands.
- What started out as a necessity has slowly morphed in an obsession. An obsession with provided people quality design work at a reasonable price.
So how do we get started?
On this page you’ll find all the information you need. If you still have questions, please feel free to email me.
- STEP ONE: DECIDING IF I’M THE DESIGNER FOR YOU:
Am I the designer for you? How do you find out if I’m the designer for you?
1. The world wide web is a huge place and contains invaluable information when you are searching for the right designer. So surf it! Find five websites you absolutely ADORE! Once you have found your five, ask yourself, What do these websites have in common?
2. What do the sites have in common? Is it the colors? The layout? The designer? Could it be that all of your five are created by the same designer?
3. It’s possible. And if they are, then that usually tells you all you need to know. The person who designed the websites might be the designer for you. Should you contact that person?
Yes! Absolutely! That’s what makes the world wide web such a beautiful place! So many options! But a designer referring customers to another designer?! I know! Totally shocking! But my primary goal is to make sure you have a design you absolutely love! And if referring you to another designer is what will make it happen then that’s what I’ll do.
- STEP TWO: INITIAL CONTACT:
After you’ve decided I’m the designer for you and looked at my portfolio, visited the websites I’ve designed AND read the TERMS OF SERVICES (located on this page) you’ll make the initial contact by sending me a design inquiry. The design inquiries are found on the contact page, at the very top. Once I received your design inquiry, I’d email within 48-72 usually, unless my world like exploded or I was on vacation or something equally delicious. But no worrys, loverlies, I’ll totally let you know when I’m on vacation.
- STEP THREE: I EMAIL YOU:
In this email we are going to discuss several things.
1. Do you like shoes? LOL. J/K but only a little.
2. I’m going to ask you what you are looking for and when you need it by. I’m also going to ask you to fill out a detailed author form. The author form is going to tell me exactly what you want and how I can provide you with exactly you want and need.
- STEP FOUR: WE AGREE ON A PRICE:
1. Once we agree on that price, unless you add products (ie Blog, Photo Gallery, etc.), that price is not going to change. There will be no surprises. If you request a change and it requires and additional cost I will send you an invoice and email asking if you are aware and okay with the additional price.
- STEP FIVE: PAYMENT:
1. Unfortunately, at this time Paypal is the only method of payment I accept. I do not accept checks.
2. Before your website can be started 75% of the price we agreed upon would need to be paid.
3. The remaining 25% is due in when your website is complete.
4. Any type of payment arrangement MUST be discussed and agreed upon well in advance.
- STEP SIX: HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE:
1. I quote the time frame of 8-16 weeks. Your website may take less time than this but it will NEVER take longer. (Unless my world explodes. And good God, I’m praying that doesn’t happen.)
2. Does the 8-16 week quote ever change? What if I need it faster? I do accept a rush design orders at an additional price increase, which ranges from 15% to 30% depending on how fast you need your design.
- All design product sales are final and money cannot be refunded once received. But don’t worry. My primary goal is to create a design you will love and there’s little I won’t do (within reason) to make sure you are satisfied.
- The remaining 25% of fee is due upon design completion and before website goes public unless other arrangements were made in advance.
- I will send you a link to a test copy of your website design. Up to 5 minor changes can be made to your test website design. If you’d like major changes, a entirely different theme than the original one you requested, it would be at an additonal cost.
- I can only install your website for you ONCE. Once installed, I will send you a zip file of your website design but unfortunately, I cannot be held responsible to any changes or results of said changes, to your website. I do troubleshooting, repairs and reinstallation at additonal costs. Please place the zip file of your website design some place safe and if possible back it up. I only keep the designs for one calendar year. Copies of your website design file can be ordered at the additional price of $50.00, that does not include installation.
- A “Designs by Emma” link or logo will be placed on your website upon completion. Usually, in near microscopic print at the bottom of your website and/or on your site-map. On your site map, the link will show as following:
“The website & graphic was created by Designs by Emma…”
- Under absolutely no circumstance is the artwork/graphics I design to be altered or to be used for any other purposes beside your website unless permission is requested and granted in writing.
Literary works and graphics are copyrighted to the author but the graphics may not be used elsewhere or duplicated without my permission, also in writing.
- I reserve the right to create a thumbnail of the design to display on my design site, along with a link to the design.
- Upon request, all clients can have access to a test wordpress site will they can learn how to create and alter pages and posts. Unfortunately, I can’t teach every client how to use wordpress but I can refer you to a class you can take or let you know when Designs by Emma will be having their next class. I’ll also send you a link to the client area of Designs by Emma where there’s a step by step info page on how to create your blog posts. And more step by step info pages will be coming soon…
- If you provide an image for your website, any consequence from using said image is solely your responsibilty so it is imperative you make sure you have permission/right to use image.
- Under no circumstances does Designs by Emma work with any type of pornographic material involving animals or children. Yes, its sad this even has to be said.